Vegan, NO soap, NO lye, NO sulfates (SLS/SLES), NO parabens, NO silicones, NO preservatives and NO artificial fragrances. ~ 80 washes.
How to use:
1. Hair that has been exposed to excessive hair products and pollution and those with oily hair will benefit from a rinse before switching to a shampoo bar. Mix 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar (readily available at any grocery store) into a cup of water and use to rinse your hair. You may leave this on for 3 mins. This is to ensure that oils and buildup are lifted from the hair and scalp, and the acidity of the rinse will also close and flatten the cuticle layer of the hair, reducing frizziness.
2. Wet hair and rub shampoo bar onto hair. For a more economical approach, work up a lather using the shampoo bar and your hand then work onto your hair. Shampoo bars are less foamy than shampoos, since we use gentle plant based surfactants. A little goes a long way.
3. Rinse. Make sure to remove all residue as not washing thoroughly may lead to dry hair.
4. Do steps 2-3 but with the conditioner bar. Use only a little, as a small amount will give you the slip that you need.
5. It is recommended to do the apple cider vinegar rinse once a week to avoid buildup of sebum, pollution and other hair products. You will know that it’s time to do a rinse when hair feels greasy, heavy, or frizzy.
1.Is it safe for kids?
Yes, our ingredients are all found in commercially made baby shampoos, minus the nasty stuff.
2.My skin and scalp is itchy.
Transitioning from a commercially made shampoo and conditioner may leave your hair addicted to those products. Do an apple cider vinegar rinse (mix 2-4 tbsp of vinegar to 1 liter of water and rinse hair) to rid your hair of excess buildup from hair products, oil and pollution. Itching is a natural feeling when the acid mantle of your scalp tries to work to compensate for the acid layer that it is used to having from commercial products. Give it a couple of days to adjust.
However, you might also be allergic to some of the ingredients. People who are allergic to coconuts, chocolate, stearic acid, or have eczema, psoriasis or contact dermatitis may benefit from doing a patch test on a part of your skin first.
Ingredients: ginger, cinnamon, sweet orange, epsom salt, sodium cocoyl isethionate (coconut-derived), cetearyl alcohol (coconut-derived), stearic acid (coconut-derived), decyl glucoside (coconut-derived), behentrimonium methosulfate (rapeseed-derived), citric acid, caprylic triglycerides (coconut-derived), sodium lactate (corn-derived)
Packaging: Recycled kraft paper. Stamped on with ecofriendly ink. Adhesive used is 100% biodegradable rice glue. Courier standard plastic pouches will be used for shipping purposes.