There are seeds in these HB pencils’ biodegradable capsules!
Just use up ’til the very end, plant the pencil capsule-end-down onto potting mix, enough sunlight and water and your harvestable plant will soon grow.
Our current plantable pencils are:
- – Spicy (and expensive). Sprouts within 10-14 days.
- – Juicy and easy to grow. Sprouts within 5-10 days.
- – Pretty (and pretty tasty!) Sprouts within 7-10 days.
- – Fragrant and versatile. Sprouts in 8-14 days.
- – Minty and decorative. Sprouts in 10-15 days. Unlike the other seeds, mint seeds need sunlight to sprout so it should be started outdoors.
Tip: to sprout, it is best to keep the seeds in a moist and dark area. Plant the entire capsule end into the soil, and keep it damp (but not drowned!) or better yet plant indoors until the first “leaves” grow. Must be planted within one year of purchasing. Although all pencils are guaranteed to have seeds, not all people have green thumbs. And yes, green thumb is an idiomatic expression — as if growing plants is a natural skill! Everyone can plant, go ahead and try!
Each pencil has multiple seeds inside to increase your chances of successfully growing a plant.